1st International Academic Conference
EDUCATION OF THE ELITES OF THE 21ST CENTURY
“Social Elite Education - Past, Present, Future”
which will take place between 23-25 September 2015, Hotel Mikulski***, Gliwice
Application deadline is 31 August 2015
Taking issue of the education elites, we hope for a meaningful exchange of ideas and experiences from the perspective of different backgrounds. According to the holistic paradigm the conference opens a wide field of discussion for representatives of many professions and students of many fields of study. The process of forming the elite is widespread and observed in all social groups. Depending on what the area of social life we consider, we can identify the corresponding elite.
The discussion that we open during this conference, according to the organizers, takes a very important place for proper education and the creation of elites. This subject seems especially valid also in connection with the promotion of leadership and educational leadership. Following issues gain significant importance: :
- Competences and qualifications of the elites of the 21st century
- The elites of the 21st century in the revised system of higher education.
- Elitism and egalitarianism in education.
- The idea of elitism in the context of educational leadership.
- Elites of the security in mass culture and others
- Is the elite a social group?
- Does it have an internal organization, individuality, value system?
- What are the criteria for the awards (elite of values, possession, ancestral, merit, dignity)?
- Does the elite create its own culture (elite culture)? What is the place of elitism in the modern paradigm of social life?
- What is the influence of social elites on individual areas of authority?
According to the intentions of the Organizers, the conference should become a space to meet all those who recognize the importance of reflection on social elite education - as an issue extremely important and still poorly represented both in the public awareness and in the professional literature.